I can’t believe November is nearing an end already. Next week we in the US will be celebrating Thanksgiving. I have purchased my bus tickets and will be visiting my youngest son for most of the week. For now I am busy putting my house in order as there is nothing better than coming home to the serenity of a clean home, or nothing worse than walking back into a home that needs straightening.
As I will be leaving on Tuesday my posts next week will be cut back. I will travel with my computer to be able to keep in touch and respond to comments. You can expect to have my regular Monday Frugal Christmas post, a Change the World Wednesday post of another piece of good news but Friday will be a bit different. I won’t be posting a typical Friday Faves, but something I hope you will enjoy just as much to welcome the holiday season.
It’s time to share with you my favorite posts of the week, you will find some real surprises this week, hope you enjoy them.
- Manchesterflickchick posts often on cruelty-free beauty, this month shared the good news that China Plans to Abolish Animal Testing for cosmetics by June 2014. Now when will they abolish the practice of human rights violations?
- Carol and Michele are sisters who created Ahh The Simple Life blog to share their love of living a simple life. With Black Friday coming up next week, and yes I heard some stores are having pre-Black Friday sales starting this week ;-( I wanted to share this post Simplifying the Holidays Your way for those who want ideas on how to have the best holiday ever this year. You will find simple gift ideas, decor and even food suggestions I think you will enjoy.
All Natural World
- Raising Dick and Jane posted a great recipe for ridding your home of fruit flies, something I have a problem with often, guess what? It’s simple and you probably have the two ingredients you need sitting right in your kitchen already!
- This is a bit different from what I usually share, but in the spirit of simplifying our lives, have you taken a moment to consider the role make-up has in your life? I was trained and licensed in cosmetology by the time I graduated high school. In that field you are taught to never leave the house, even to sneak outside to get your mail, without your hair, make-up and clothes being perfect. The reason being that you are selling an image of your self. It took many years to become comfortable in my own skin and even longer to get over that fear of opening the door to the outside world without make-up. Today I wear none. For many young girls it’s Hollywood that sets the bar in how they are expected to look. Here are some famous people who have bared all to show you what they really look like.What do you think, better with or without make-up? Let’s change the image to a more natural one.
- For lack of a better word this area has made a “sport” of shooting crows. They are not eaten, not used for their feathers, no part of a crow is used after killing it. People just don’t like crows and will shoot them any time they find them on their property. Personally, I find this appalling. There is very little I can do to change this behavior, outside of sharing a bit of knowledge about the wonderful creatures crows are. Melanie tells her story of her friend, Edgar Allen Crow that is both touching and informative.
- There are many reasons to reconnect with nature, Jean has found her imagination running wild and given us wonderful posts about her magical woodland neighbors. here, here and here,
- Nature is the key for Notes From the Arena where nature has become the inspiration for this aspiring writer who now finds she has too much to write about.
- What is more natural than unheated water? Are you confused yet? Lunny shares his experiences while living in what we refer to as the third world. A place where running water and heated water is unavailable, he tells his story from the view of something we all take for granted: the ability to take a hot shower.
Food and Food News
- Sarah attended a conference where she found a session on food and the future of food trends to be the most interesting.I can’t say I agree with these opinions she found, but that just means that armed with the information we have a chance to change the direction before these things happen.
- I have yet to figure out how to imbed youtube videos but here is a link that is both humorous and should stay with you a while as it shows what societal inequality can result in.with this situation being the example of inequality in food. It’s only 2:46 minutes long. I’d enjoy knowing what you took away from this video.
- Big Sis in an effort to give her son a nourishing breakfast created this gem that I will be sharing this Thanksgiving with my youngest granddaughter who is a natural vegetarian and her mother who adores sweet potatoes and apples.
Look at the trees, look at the birds, look at the clouds, look at the stars… and if you have eyes you will be able to see that the whole existence is joyful. Everything is simply happy. Trees are happy for no reason; they are not going to become prime ministers or presidents and they are not going to become rich and they will never have any bank balance. Look at the flowers – for no reason. It is simply unbelievable how happy flowers are. ~Osho
Have a wonderful weekend!