The heat broke, and it’s getting downright chilly with rain. I will have to decide pretty quickly if i should uproot some of the plants in the garden and start dragging them in at night to give them a bit more growing time.
In other news, I needed some repairs to my wheelchair. I got an eye-opening education. The company I purchased the chair through is struggling and can’t help me. While I have the right to who I want to use as my provider it seems Obamacare is making that a bit difficult. Seems they don’t feel that helping to keep our chairs working is a necessary expense to bill my insurance. Thankfully, I have a wonderful man who is fighting the paperwork to help me with maintenance issues, and many organizations fighting to block these changes in the way insurance is applied to a disabled persons mobility issues.
It’s Friday!! Time for more Friday Faves. I have to apologize for the fewer links this week but I think you will enjoy what I found.
- I’ve read plenty of self-help books in my life, I have to say they all began to sound alike after a while. But the latest trend is to find happiness. There are many books on the subject of finding our happiness, but this post narrows down how to find happiness, it’s not outside of us.
- I first decided to check out this article because I have always worried that all these antibacterial soaps were dangerous. Imagine my surprise while reading to learn a name brand toothpaste now has an ingredient I would have never expected to see included in a product we put in our mouths.
- Have you ever taken a good look at sustainable living? Is anything we do going to make a difference? This article Nothing We Do is Sustainable will make you rethink sustainability
- The only way to change the future is to teach our youth. Boys Scouts of America has taken a first step in that direction.
- Do you remember some of the Barbie dolls dresses I crocheted? I began the first one in the darkness going by the feel of my hands, turns out I’m not the only one who thought to make Barbie dresses from yarn. Check out this cute party dress. You will find plenty of crochet Barbie dresses on this site.
- I love quilts, not the best at making them but I still love them. While I have been teaching the little ones to sew, paint etc this quilt caught my eye. I can see my grandchildren using a plain canvas and paints to create a piece of art, or even finish into a quilt mom and dad will cherish forever.
- I try to re-purpose anything I come across. I have seen and tried many things using old blue jeans. But this one, I know I have a sense of humor, but not sure even I would have thought of this.
- I couldn’t choose between the old jeans and this post, so here’s another from the Upcycle blog. Being a parent also means being ready to hear just about anything coming out of our children’s mouths.