The weekend may be just around the corner, but if I don’t see some sunshine soon I may start getting into something not so smart. We are on day 3 of non stop rain and thunderstorms, which means I’m getting pretty bored of being stuck indoors.
To counter my boredom I’ve read 2 books so far and today inspired by Fairy at Organized Castle, I dug into my fabric stash I picked up for $2 a couple of weeks ago. On todays agenda, making more fabric napkins. In no time at all I had 20 new napkins, of which several went home with my daughter-in-law. The little ones think cloth napkins are a treat and with one who wipes his face on his shirt sleeves I’m hoping the family will see the advantage of cloth napkins.
Any way, it’s time to share with you my favorites of this week.
- I get excited when I find good news, and this had me wishing I could still dance. Connecticut approved labeling of GMOs!!!! I’m sure Monsanto will fight this with all their might, but it’s the best news I’ve heard in a while.
- Of course with the good comes bad news as well. Problems are already being found with the Keystone pipeline in Texas.
- Good Human shared this article on how carbon emissions rose hitting record highs in 2012.
- This fantastic short video (4 minutes long) is a unique look at the life cycle of the plastic bag.
- The water on the earth is being polluted from every point on the planet. Liesl and her family traveled to the Himalayas and show us just how bad it is.
Gardens I’m Loving
- Lili shared her beds. I think I need to do something similar to keep from getting stuck in the mud, plus it’s so gorgeous and inviting.
- Jean visited the Mt Coot-tha botanical gardens this week. The pictures are worth drooling over and may just spark an idea for your own outdoor spaces.
Upcycling and Recycling
- 1 Green Generation has a full list of how and where you can recycle your old computers the environmentally safe way.
- I am always looking for new ideas for things I may find discarded. This unique lamp on Eco Crap got me excited as it would bring back memories of a time forgotten.
- Then I spotted this cheap yet so cute way to fix a tricycle on Purposely Frugal.
- Heidi tried a new wood cleaner/polisher week. So simple, only 2 ingredients and both are found in almost all kitchens. You won’t believe your eyes when you see the before and after.
Gratitude and Positive Living
- Secret Shade a new look at the term Hippie in a positive light.
- There are plenty of little ways you can incorporate gratitude into your daily life. Here is a list of 7 you may find interesting.
- Lou Ann had one of her most inspiring posts this week, okay that’s my opinion but check it out for yourself, in this one titled This Night Stands Alone
- I recently found my way to the blog titled Non Supermarket, which is about “life beyond squeaky trolley wheels on linoleum floors”. If you never thought about how impersonal and uninviting a supermarket is those words may give one a moment to ponder how they feel when they shop. You will find plenty of delicious recipes and a complete shopping list for everyone here, but it was this post that I wanted to specifically share.
- Ruth Nina Welsh joined us here this week. I spent some time reading through what Ruth has to share and found an idea I had never heard of before. Did you know you can have your blog on Amazon for reading in the Kindle? Find out here how to do just that and make a little money from your site.
all I have for you this week, have a great weekend.