I am so glad its Friday, although I have a lot of work to do this weekend.My apologies to anyone who tried to reach the Friday Faves last night. I was trying to save my work and instead my new app published it. So while the little ones are happily outside painting furniture I am again using their laptop to finish getting the links inserted.
This week is the end of the university’s spring semester. Students will be locked out later today. Many have already left, if they are done with their finals. With students heading home a lot of perfectly good items are set at the curb for trash day, or simply left inside the apartments for some one else to clean out.
I brought a lot of things back to my place to work on. A few needed nothing and were put in my sons outdoor storage shed until everything is ready for a huge yard sale.
With a beautiful day I also had time to work in the Little Cove today and will add a picture or two of how its coming along.
As most of you know by now I am currently without a computer. I have been writing my posts on my cell phone. There are simply some things that just don’t work when using a phone. But I now know there is a WordPress app which allows you to write your posts easier than working from the regular browser. Of course it didn’t come with an instruction manual so I’m still figuring a few things out.
One of the advantage of using the app is that I can again add links and pictures to my posts. You have been very patient with me and i appreciate it, but i know you like a few pictures as well.
Well enough about how I post. I’ll get right to what you came to read.
Saying hello to new friends
- Jamie better known as having hippie tendenciestells us what that means in her life.
- I associate being a hippy with wanting to change the world for the better. Rabid little hippy wants just that. Check out what 400ppm means to this rabid little hippy.
- link just made me laugh. Maybe it has to do with my last birthday being my 50th, but I think it has more to do with the fact that Gourmet Yummys and I share the same warped sense of humor, check it out here.
- Carly from Recreating Carly found herself so far in debt that a credit counselor told her he couldn’t help her and that she needed to make more money. Find out how she paid down $6,000 of her debt in three months and how she plans to make more money to get out of debt even sooner here.
- For anyone who would live to travel and see more of the world Travel Tip 4 You is just the site to check out. I have chosen this picture of a Scotland castle as I have always wanted to visit Scotland and Ireland.
- Laura has a lovely home, what drew me to this post was how she manages to make things work in a tiny kitchen.
All about food
Little Sis shared a recipe this week that reminded me of a conversation on another blog. Cat has such an over abundance of saved pumpkin I thought that maybe a few others do as well. Check out the delicious sounding pumpkin French toast here.
Eco Crap had an interesting rant this week about our food supply. Turns out our chickens will now bed fed GM soya in their diet, if that’s not enough for you continue reading to see what we are dumping into the waters that is poisoning the fish here.
What can happen when you quit working? Three weeks into retirement see what is ready for winter at Quarter Acre Lifestyle here
Good Girl Gone Green shows us that you can compost in the city. Check out her composting and learn how to have an outdoor composter too, no you won’t need worms, click here.
Trash Backwards is a wonderful site for everything green. This week I learned banana skins have way more uses than I would have ever envisioned, but it was this post that got me excited. I still get junk mail. I’ve tried everything to stop it all, but I haven’t been able to stop it all. Find out here how you can once and for all stop unwanted mail.
There is more to life than just finding the cheapest price. When we shop we are telling retailers that their values are our values. This article from New Dream draws attention to the cost is everything problem read it here.
Stories that touched my heart
Jean shared the shocking news she received that had her questioning who she was. Click here
stopping by to read Frugal Hacks this week I found a touching story of love and frugality I thought you too would enjoy. You can read it here.
That’s all I have for you this Friday. Its been a long day and my first attempt to write a Fridaybpost on my phone. Have a great weekend.