Welcome back, it’s Friday and time for me to finish last week’s thank you’s to my new readers. I am amazed by how the blog has grown this year, and welcome all of you. If you have any suggestions I welcome them.
I am anticipating spring arriving sometime here, hopefully soon and have decided to make a small change to the blog. After giving it much thought I have decided to stop publishing on the weekends. This will work for me as Saturday’s I am usually alone (no company) which gives me some down time and time to get a few chores completed. It will give you time to read at your leisure the Friday Faves over the weekend.
That said, it’s time to introduce the newest blogs.
There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others with the help of their art, and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into sun. ~~ Pablo Picassso
- Lucie the Happy Quilter puts my limited talents in quilting to shame. While Lucie has some amazing quilts to showcase on her blog it was her page on using up fabric scraps that I have spent the most time on. Check it out here.
- Dreaming in stitches sums it up pretty well when she says this is slow art for the soul. I have never attempted a needlepoint, and have to say I’ve never designed any of my own patterns, but you will find both on the Dreaming in Stitches blog. This post called Moving on is the latest original design for the next project.
You know you have reached perfection of design when you have nothing more to add, but when you have nothing more to take away. ~~ Antoine de-Saint Exupery
- The Snazzy Turtle got my attention when I realized the family sold their home and will be living out of a motor home. You can follow their experiences including a screaming cat (obviously you know cats like to have an opinion on any moves). I know we are all part voyeur so I have chosen to show you the tour of Turtle.
- Gather and Grow has written a post with amazing pictures of earthen homes, found on Vancouver Island. I so need to visit this spot!
If bad decorating was a hanging offense there’d be bodies hanging from every tree! ~~ Sylvester Stallone
- Tuvalu Home has a wonderful blog with fantastic ideas for every kind of home and every season. If you are looking for a design blog this would be one to look at. I love this current Bright and Bold Pattern post. Check out the 4th picture, if I ever built a tiny home of my own I would seriously love to have it look as fresh and uncluttered as this one.
Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. ~~ Mark Twain
- When I first saw the name of this next blog I had no idea what a treasure trove of inspirational writing I would find. CultFit while you would think would be a blog simply about getting fit, it is nothing like the normal fitness blog. The articles get to the heart of what is most important in our lives. Like this post called Red Light and expresses the simplicity I strive for in my life.
- Joanne Rambling is exactly what the name implies, Joanne writes whatever is on her mind. Her latest post was about an Archetype online quiz to see what archetype you are. If you don’t care for quizzes, check out some of her other posts there’s something there for everyone.
- Innovate Investment Banking started following this blog a few months ago. I kept putting off checking it out as I have a huge distrust of the banking system and want as little of my resources in the bankers hands. Unfortunately, it looks like I missed out. I want to share a post I enjoyed that has nothing to do with investments but is about social media and made me think of how it has changed the way we live.
- My Life My Stuff shares all sorts of health related news while this blog hasn’t been updated since November of 2012 there are many things still pertinent if you are trying to enhance your health.
- I am constantly amazed at the intellect of the younger generation. Kristic at 52 steps 2 change wrote about a dream and how her dream mirrors her current life. At 22 she finds herself overworked, stressed and wanting something else. Her thoughts brought tears to my eyes and broke my heart that at such a young age she finds life rushing past her at such a speed she is missing out on so much.
- What is important to you? Tam at Balanced Awesomeness answers that in this post, while you are there check out under Sunny’s Yummys the black bean brownies, I have to try this after finding out how delicious black bean burgers are!
- Gillian, at Money after graduation has a wonderful blog. She is striving to find that happy spot where she explores how to save and how we can cost ourselves money. In this post I am convinced she is becoming a minimalist, see for yourself here.
After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations. ~~ Oscar Wilde, A woman of No Importance
- Little Sis writes a wonderful food blog called My Sister’s Pantry where she shares her favorite recipes. She also keeps you abreast of any food recalls. This particular Pumpkin Pudding recipe is easy and sounds so delicious I will have to try it when I have pumpkins. Hey, CatLady here’s one for all that pumpkin in your freezer!
- Are you looking for an appetizer or a snack with your Friday night movie? Devotedly Red has an apple nacho recipe that should solve your problem. What wouldn’t be wonderful when you combine apples, marshmallows, chocolate sauce, chocolate chips, caramel and maybe some nuts?
- Whether you have a small business, home business, or self-employed in some manner you may want to keep abreast of the latest news affecting you. Small business of America has regular updates. Click on the photograph in the link you want to read to enlarge.
Writers and Photographers
The role of a writer is not to say what we call can say, but what we are unable to say. ~~ Anais Nin
- The Nice things About Strangers is like a comfortable library. Interesting short stories and beautiful photographs to look at. This particular post I choose because the picture intrigued me so. What do you think you would find in the American section in a German grocery store?
- Kelly Hartland writes short though provoking prose. Here is one of her latest called Character Actor
- The World Through My Lens showcases some amazing photography. Check it out here.
A Little Humor
If we couldn’t laugh we’d all go insane. ~~ Robert Frost
- Parrillaturi doesn’t post often but when there is a new post is is well thought out and most make me laugh. This post about good friend Mort had me cracking up, hope you enjoy it.
- I have referred you to Eco Crap many times in the past. Today I get to share with you one of Argemtum Vulgaris’ other blogs. This one called Life is But a Labyrinth. I had a great time reading through some of the newer posts but when I came to How to Pet Your Cat I knew I had to share. One note, if you are offended by swearing you may want to pass on this one.
- Being in the US I have often heard the people of the UK have no sense of humor. I have to say to all who believe this, you are wrong. An Englishman in Italy has quite the humor as proven by this post asking if he really exists.
Easter is the only time of year it’s safe to put all your eggs in one basket. ~~ Unknown