This morning I was chatting away with my fellow blogging friend Bethany at My Journey to Ithaca when she mentioned she had been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award and thought she might have to go rogue and not exactly follow the rules. Minutes later I found I too was nominated for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award by A Thursday’s Child, you can read her award post here .
We joked that we should write each others acceptance post. Somewhere along the way we decided to make this a game. We wrote our 7 Things About Me then shared them and mixed them up. The fun for you today is to guess which statements are about me and which are about Bethany. You can check the rest of the Things About Me (and Bethany) here.
So here are the rules.
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you. Thank you Thursday’s Child I am honored you thought to nominate me. As an added plus I was able to have some fun with a good friend.
- State 7 Things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them
- Notify these bloggers of the nomination and the award requirements.
Here are the 8 Things about Bethany and myself, see if you can tell which are about me.
- I was kicked out of the Catholic church at 17 for taking the birth control pill for a medical condition.
- At one point I had a huge addiction to Doritos.
- When I was in the sixth grade a teacher laughed at me when I told her I wanted to be a writer.
- I have only been on a motorcycle once and it scared me to death.
- When I was in my early 20s I walked in on a meeting about me, played dumb, sat down and made everyone uncomfortable.
- I once punched my high school vice-principal for groping my friend’s chest. I never even thought about it surprising myself.
- Writing helps me work through problems and emotions, but I can’t keep a journal because I need someone to read what I write.
- My favorite literary heroine is Katniss from the Hunger Games (the book, not the movie!)
Just to make this a little easier, we came up with 8 things about each other so 4 here are mine and 4 on Bethany’s post are mine.
Don’t forget to stop over and check out Bethany’s post with the remaining Things About Me. You can find them here.
- Check out my blog roll below where you can find some amazing blogs to
- Check out Bethany’s blogroll while you are there or
- Visit A Thursday’s Child here to read her acceptance award and see the unique blogs she nominated. While you are there check out her blogroll after the comments section where you will find 50 amazing blogs listed you may never heard of before.