With the Christmas season fast approaching, I hit an overload of holiday posts last week. I’m over it and this week would like to share the posts that I found which share the writers best memories and thoughts on the subject of Christmas. What they all have in common is the fact that none of them center on expensive presents.
Reflections on Christmas
- Jackie shared her favorite memory of a special correspondence with her dad this week.
- Mrs. Hines reflects on the perfect Christmas tree of her childhood.
- Ashley shared her introduction to a simple handmade Christmas and how it changed her life. I want every Christmas to be just like this.
- Want to know how a Native American Christmas differs from other Christmas celebrations?
- I love reading about how others eliminated stress during the holidays. Wendy shares how trying to find the perfect gift stressed her out and how she found a way to eliminate the stress.
- Ashley is still in decorating mode. She shares the simplest way to inexpensively make Christmas pillows, although you can use this any time of the year too. Wish I had thought of this.
- You all know I prefer to re-purpose found items. Why not create trash to treasure Christmas ornaments? You could be the talk of the town with your unique ornaments.
- Katherine shared a great idea for children’s gifts. I love when a gift sparks the creativity of the recipient.
- If you don’t think you have time to make your own gifts, but want them to be safe for the little one’s on your list. Here is a list of safe and eco-friendly toddler gifts to complete your shopping.
- Don’t know what to give someone. Here’s an idea Bake them cake or as the title of this post says “Your gift will be trash. I like bake them a cake better.
Simple and delicious
- I like simple meals, I’m sure you all figured out by now that I lost my desire to cook after 21 years of preparing meals for a family. I had to include this recipe as it’s one of the simplest, healthy meals you could make. If you are still getting your home ready and baking done you too might want to try this tex-mex sandwich. I made this last night and it is delicious!
Where would my weekly favorites be without a humorous post
- Jackie takes tops this week for making me laugh. Check out her diary of a snow shoveler.
This week most people were in a sentimental mood as you can see. Maybe next week I will have more humorous posts for to laugh with. Maybe I should challenge everyone to see if they can make me laugh this week :-) What do you think? Do you have a humorous post waiting to be written?
Which was the best thing you read this week?